- Sathya Sai’s Birthday Celebration Activities.
- Stage Rehearsal at HSNC. Tuesday, November 19 from 6 to 9 p.m. (6 p.m. Vanaja; 7 p.m. Aruna; 8 p.m. Vini)
- RELEASING CONTROL & CONNECTING WITHIN – A Phyllis Krystal Method Workshop moderated by Sunil Lekhi. Friday, November 22 at 7:30 p.m. See flyer for more details. Registration is now closed due to space limitation of the venue.
- SSE Workshops with Sunil Lekhi. Saturday, November 23 morning: 9:45 – 11 a.m. for Group 2 and 11- 12:15 p.m. for Group 3 & 4. at Kumar’s Family Residence (613 Pilot Hill Dr. Morrisville, NC).
- Teachers’ Workshop with Sunil Lekhi. Saturday, November 23 from 5:30 to 6:45 p.m. Aspiring teachers are very welcome! Some preparation is needed so please RSVP here.
- Experience sharing with Sunil Lekhi. Saturday, November 23 from 7:30 to 9 p.m. at Kumar’s Family Residence (613 Pilot Hill Dr. Morrisville, NC). This is a post dinner event.
- Sathya Sai’s Birthday Celebration! Sunday, November 24 from 2:30 – 8 p.m. HSNC Cultural Hall. Theme: “Living His Message Everyday“. Guest Speaker: Sangeeta Lekhi. See flyer. Please RSVP here.
- Aspiring and current teachers – SSE Enrichment Workshop!!! Saturday, January 18, 2020, 7:45 AM – Sunday, January 19, 2020, 12:30 PM. Venue: 1417 S. Belcher Road, Clearwater, FL 33764. If you are interested,
- SSEHV Training in Raleigh! April 17-19, 2020 Registration is now open! In the application, under “Desired SSEHV Training” select “SSEHV Course 1 (3-Day Course)”. For more information visit the SSEHV (Sathya Sai Education in Human Values) website. New Timings: Friday from 6 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. Saturday and Sunday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- 11th World Conference in Prasanthi Nilayam. November 2020. Study Guides.
Media! All videos and photos from recent events are available under the “Past Events” page. If you need the password, please email email@example.com
- Sathya Sai’s Birthday Celebration Activities.
- Sunday Sai Center Activities Schedule
Time Description 2:30 – 3:00 p.m. Setup Activities 3:15 – 3:45 p.m.
Singers Practice only for the specific group singing on that day
3:30 – 5:00 p.m.
Sathya Sai Education (SSE) Classes for children (September to May) 4:00 – 5:00 p.m. Study of Sathya Sai Baba’s Teachings 5:05 – 6:15 p.m. Announcements followed by Devotional Singing
Looking for a service opportunity? Volunteers are needed every Sunday at 2:30 pm to help with the set-up of the Sai Center and altar. Also, volunteers are needed to stay back after the devotional activities are completed to help with the break down and cleanup.
- Study Circle
Please join us for the study of Sathya Sai’s Teachings on Sundays from 4 to 5 p.m.
Current Series: Unity and Purity
On 5th June 2019, Dr. Narendranath Reddy, Chairman, Prasanthi Council, sent the two Study Guides on Unity and Purity – for distribution to all Sathya Sai Centers and Groups (outside India). In the attached letter, Dr. Reddy requested all of us to dive deep into the nectarine teachings of Lord Sai. The two Study Guides attached can be downloaded from here.
Sathya Sai International Organization is urging all Sathya Sai Centers and Groups to hold Study Circles on these documents, in preparation for the Pre-World Conferences. This will make the Pre-World Conferences, starting in February 2020, more productive, inspirational and successful.
Past Series: Cultural Inclusion and Expansion Series
The Cultural Inclusion and Expansion theme is a national level initiative which is being taken up by all the centers in US. The material for this series is organized in 4 modules (see below), each divided to fit into 3 weeks. For context about this topic, see video summary and a report documenting the findings about Cultural Inclusion and Expansion for Sai Centers in the USA.
- Bhajan of the week
Raag: Hamsanandi / Sohini
Taal: 6 Beat / Dadra
Nacho Nacho Nacho Nandalala
Nandalala Nandalala [ Nacho Nacho … ]
Narahari Roopa Narayana
Narayana Sai Narayana [ Nandalala … ]
Rhuma Jhuma Payal Ghungaroo Bajey
Ghungaroo Bajey Sai Murali Bajey [ Nandalala … ]
Oh Son of Nanda, Krishna, perform the divine dance. Oh Lord Sai Narayana who assumed the form of Lion-God Narasimha, let the anklets, the musical instrument Ghunguroo play, let the flute play the glory of Lord Sai Krishna.
- RSC Service Activities
Date & Time Activity Details Locations & Sign up Second Saturday of the Month between 2:00 PM – 4:00 PM. Pillow Service
Manisha & Rakesh’s place: 1737 Colleen Circle, Cary, NC 27519.
Please click here to sign up.
Third Saturday of the Month between 4:15 AM – 6:45 AM. Breakfast Service
Men’s Shelter. Address: 1420 S. Wilmington St. Raleigh, NC.
Please click here to sign up.
Fourth Saturday of the Month between 2:00 PM – 5:00 PM.
Winter Gear Service
[Special service to celebrate swami’s 94th birthday, in collaboration with HSNC in September, October and November months.]
HSNC Room# 7 & 8.
Address: 309 Aviation Pkwy,
Morrisville, NC 27560
Please click here to sign up.
Fourth Sunday of the Month between 3:15 PM – 4:15 PM.
Sandwich Service Sandwich service by SSE students in HSNC.
– please click here to sign up.
Volunteers preparing lunch bags at home & drop off volunteers to various locations – please click here to sign up.
December 7 th Saturday Between 2PM- 5PM Raise Against Hunger
Over 80 Volunteers are needed for this service
Setup Time is 2PM, event starts at 3PM
@ HSNC Room# are coming soon.
please click here to sign up.
SSE Registration for new students is now open! Please register here.
SSE Classes run from September to May
CLASS DATE: 11/03/2019 TEACHERS: Vanaja patti, Chandran Thatha, Surabhi aunty, Mona aunty, Bhuvana aunty SUMMARY: Practice for Swami’s birthday ATTENDANCE: 19/27
Prayers: 3 Oms, Gayatri
Main topics: We are going to do a program for Swami’s birthday. Most of our class time was spent in practicing our dance, song and our lines. We invited our parents to see our practice. In between Patti talked about Swami: Where He was born, How helpful Swami was when He was young. She told us that Swami wants everyone to be Happy. Swami loves to see smiling faces. Swami is Happy when we are Happy.
Life application/Home work: Listen to your skit with your parents and practice your dance and your song.
Note to Parents from parents discussion group: Find at least 1 task on the list and do a training with your child this week. Have fun and enjoy building their self -confidence.
- SSE group1
CLASS DATE: 10/20/2019 TEACHER(S): Jagruti, Aruna,, Sunitha, Resmi SUMMARY:
Introduced the topic WATCH with focus on Watch your Words
Started with 3 om’s, silent sitting focusing on the sound of om.
Practised 2 bhajans for Sai Madhuram next week.
The teachers did a skit in class about a florist who was thoughtless while talking to her customers and how she changed to correct her thoughtless comments. The kids were given styrofoam squares and asked to stick toothpicks on it whenever they recognized hurtful comments during the skit.
We also showed them the video of a small boy who was asked to hammer nails on the fence whenever he got angry. Once he learnt to control his anger, he was asked to pull out the nails. Though he pulled out most nails, they still left a permanent mark on the fence.
We discussed how just like the nails left permanant marks on the fence, our hurtful words also leave permanent scars on the people who hear our bad words. The kids then pulled out the toothpicks from the styrofoam squares and witnessed how they also had permanant holes caused by the thoughtless words in the skit.
Homework : Parents please continue to encourage your children to put Sairam chits in their WATCH box whenever they resist the temptation to use unpleasant words or if they have used sweet words
CLASS DATE: 11/03/2019
TEACHERS:Hitha Raj, Aditi Verma, Jalaja Peechu
Summary: Emotional self awareness. Emotion: all emotions joy,sad,anger,fear.
This Sunday we had a special event for Group 2 children. This Sunday was movie day. This movie is related to the emotions aspect of the class.
After we talked and discussed about all the emotions in the previous classes we got an opportunity to see the movie “Inside Out” which provides a picture on how can emotions impact us making us reacting verses responding.
students and teachers had so much fun watching the movie and we discussed for few minutes. And ofcourse the Pizza was the highlight. We all enjoyed it.
Life application: children are to journal at the end of each day reflecting on how their day was and why?
2. continue respecting parents and write down 3 chores that you did for this week.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO PARENTS:
1. We would like all the students to be on time by 3.25pm we are staritng the class by 3.30pm.
Class room door closes at 3.30pm.
If any students come late they have to wait outside the door till we finish prayers and meditation.
2. As a parent your responsibility to check the home work ( life application ) which we give them to follow through the week.
Once you as a parent commit to the follow up with your kids the results are impactful.
3. Treat this spiritual learning as a beautiful foundation to your kids who are the future generations of leaders.
Swami has given us the opportunity to be the part of this huge responsibility. Let’s stand up to build this great future leaders.
CLASS DATE: 11/03/2019 TEACHER(S): Nalini, Gangadher SUMMARY: Scriptures of Sanathana Dharma ATTENDANCE: 21
11/03/2019 Class Summary
We were fortunate to have an expert in vedanta, Dr. Sethu Raman (Retired Climatologist) to share his knowledge on “scriptures of Sanathana Dharma” in our class today.
He explained the 6 layers of scriptures and explained the importance and profundity of each layer coupled with insights gained through his own experience.
Thank you for all the parents who could attend this session. For those who couldn’t make it, here is the link to PPT.
10/27/2019 Class Summary
- Importance of Deepawali, inner significance, stories behind the festival & what other religions celebrate same festival and why were shared with students.
- We drew a picture of how we are caught up in action & reaction thru many lifetimes forgetting where we originated from.
- As we discussed in last class, we can break the chain of actions & reaction when our actions are God actions.
- When we start practicing God actions (practice God qualities), it invokes God’s grace. What can God’s grace do for us?
- We shared story of a Swami student, whose mother was saved by Swami’s grace. Swami walked into his room, used a cream to give points from good deeds & used that to save his mother.
10/20/2019 Class Summary
- Continued from where we left after watching a video of Swami’s student experience sharing regarding sports meet, what they thought could have been the reason why the boy got saved (Video link -starting from 7:32min)
- We had very interactive discussion about cause and effect; actions and reactions; law of attraction.
- Every action performed thru mind, body or senses will have a return.
- This is a vicious cycle of actions & reactions thru many lifetimes.
- Only way to break that chain is if we our actions are what God would do.
- We asked each student to write down one quality of God; they came up with kind, compassionate, loving, unbiased, non judgmental, ever loving etc. God & God qualities are not separate.
- To get closer to God is to adopt God qualities which are not impossible to practice.
- Our duty is to give 100% effort and leave the result on the GOD
- But learn from every experience either success or failure.
Note to Parents:
We encourage all the students and parents to attend 24 hour Global Akhanda Bhajan ( see flyer here). For the same reason, we don’t have class this coming sunday (11/10/19).
One practice to take up for unity of thought word & deed is to ask them to understand the meaning of the songs they are singing/playing. We will practice this as a class for upcoming bhajan opportunities our class gets.
CLASS DATE: 10/20/2019 TEACHER(S): Nirmala, Mouli, and Meenakshi SUMMARY:
Guest Speaker on Environmental Projects and Discussion on Race Relations Through the Sai Lens
This week, G4 had a guest speaker come in to speak about environmental projects that G4 could potentially spearhead in the near future.
Afterwards, G4 had a discussion on race relations in the modern world through the “Sai lens.” The idea that we all have the same spark of divine regardless of our external differences.
“Should each person live the ideals propounded by the founders of his religion, unaffected by greed or hate, the world will be a happy and peaceful habitation for man. In spiritual terms, all of mankind belongs to one and the same class, race, and religion.” – Baba
Note to Parents:
Sairam Parents –
Group 4 will have the next class on Saturday, Nov. 2nd – stream cleanup.
Details will be sent out via WhatsApp.
Jai Sai Ram!
-Group 4 Gurus
Young Adults (YA) Updates
- 1. Sathya Sai International Leadership Programme For Young Adults is currently accepting applications for SSILP 2020.Please register at http://www.sathyasai.org/ya/ssilpRegistration deadline is 14th November 20192. We are excited to announce that the Annual Regional Retreat for Young Adults – ARRYA 2020 will be held the weekend of January 18th – 19th in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Registration info and additional details will be sent soon.
Interest Groups Updates
- Remember to take your own reusable water bottle
- Pack your lunch and snacks in reusable containers
- During festival time, try to use go green goody bags and favors
- Towns like Cary,Morrisville,etc will recycle used cooking oil to make biofuels
(REFUSE, REDUCE, REUSE, RE PURPOSE, RECYCLE)
The media repository for all past events is now available in our main page under this link. If you need the password, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Sai Center Officers
Education (SSE) Co-ordinator
If you have any questions, please email the respective office bearer. Click here to access their phone numbers (password protected).
Thought for the Week
A person weeping because he has been bitten by a cobra in the dream can be cured by just being woken up! No doctor is needed. So too, when Arjuna, who was suffering from ignorance (ajnana), was given spiritual knowledge (jnana), he recovered and did his duty. The pain and the snake both disappear when the dreamer ‘wakes up’. To open a door, you must turn the key to the right! Similarly you must turn inward to God and righteousness, then the lock of your heart will open and the chain of bondage will fall away. Turn the key to the left, and you will become bound as the door will get locked! For this spiritual awakening, the prime need is faith in God and faith in oneself! You can move mountains if only you conquer your mind! Curb your senses and use your instruments in useful channels; that will result in joy for you and others.
– Divine Discourse, Aug 12, 1963